[Qgis-developer] set plugin enabled by default

Stefan Kiefer st_kiefer at web.de
Mon Mar 1 07:24:56 EST 2010

Hi,
thanks a lot for the immediate answers. What you all say is true for
plugins installed from a respository, resp. with the plugin-installer.
What I need is when I put a custom plugin (one I made by myself) to the
qgis/python/plugins-folder. Hence, if I do that the plugin can be
activated in the pluginmanager, but is not activated by default.
The way is that one get an installer (in this case a selfextractable
file) and the plugin gets copied to the plugins folder. Unfortunately
then the user is forced to search in the pluginmanager for the new
plugin to activate it. I need to realize this more comfortable, i.e.
without confronting the user to open the plugin installer nor the
manager ...

thanks for your efforts

stefan