[Qgis-developer] set plugin enabled by default

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Mon Mar 1 07:57:04 EST 2010

Dnia poniedziałek, 1 marca 2010 o 13:24:56 Stefan Kiefer napisał(a):
> Hi,
> thanks a lot for the immediate answers. What you all say is true for
> plugins installed from a respository, resp. with the plugin-installer.
> What I need is when I put a custom plugin (one I made by myself) to the
> qgis/python/plugins-folder. Hence, if I do that the plugin can be
> activated in the pluginmanager, but is not activated by default.
> The way is that one get an installer (in this case a selfextractable
> file) and the plugin gets copied to the plugins folder. Unfortunately
> then the user is forced to search in the pluginmanager for the new
> plugin to activate it. I need to realize this more comfortable, i.e.
> without confronting the user to open the plugin installer nor the
> manager ...

Your installer can enable the plugin in Qgis settings from outside Qgis. It's
accessible from Qt via QSettings as well as directly in the file:
~/.config/QuantumGIS/QGIS.conf
on Linux and in similar path in the windows Registry.

The only thing you need to do is to go to the PythonPlugins section
and set your_plugin_module key to true.