[Qgis-developer] Native file dialog bugs and the new Save As Vector functionality.

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Sat Mar 20 06:33:37 EDT 2010

Dnia piątek, 19 marca 2010 o 22:51:46 John C. Tull napisał(a):
> Hi Borys,
>
> You've made some good points. Seems likely something that the broader
> community should weigh in on.
>
> From my perspective, I agree that the multi-dialog window thing is unusual.
> On the other hand, the problems that are created from the qt dialogs on my
> OS are more annoying. Perhaps this needs to be a user-configurable option.
> Have both types of dialog available based on a choice in the application
> options. Is this feasible?

Of course it is. Choosing between two poor options still isn't a real
solution, but may be a workaround for now. For 2.0 I'd love to think out one
consistent solution for opening, creating and updating data sources (a
separate subsystem with metadata browser, search engine, some ideas from arc
catalog?).