[Qgis-developer] Native file dialog bugs and the new Save As Vector functionality.

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Sat Mar 20 06:23:49 EDT 2010

Dnia sobota, 20 marca 2010 o 10:56:12 Marco Hugentobler napisał(a):
> Hi Borys, John
>
> For me on KDE, saving a file to an OGR format works as it should (not only
> in shp), remembering the last filter does not work.

So the selectedFilter pointer works in one direction? Nice too ;-)

> An additional advantage of native dialogs is that it is possible to access
> network drives on windows. For many users, this is a crucial point.
>
> However, I agree with the useability concerns of Borys. So user option
> seems good to me (default to non-native dialogs?)

So do you mean a choice between one custom dialog with build-in extra controls
and a series of dialogs, including the native one?

Well... I can't say I love this idea :D But maybe it's the best solution for
now, to test it and think out something better for the 2.0