[Qgis-developer] annotation tools

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Thu Mar 25 06:55:06 EDT 2010

Hi devs

I'd like to publish the first version of the annotation tools (that were also
presented at the hackfest in Pisa) for testing:

www.hugis.net/100324_annotation_tools.tgz

Just copy it to you src/plugins/ directory and unpack. Then, insert
'annotation_tools' as new subdirectory into src/plugins/CMakeLists.txt. To
make the items also appear in the print composer, you need to enable the lines
273 and 314 in src/core/qgscomposermap.cpp

The plugin provides the functionality to place balloons for textboxes and
designer forms on the map, providing various possibilities for symbolisations.

At the moment, it is a plugin, but I'd like to bring the annotation classes
into the gui library. What do you think?

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler