[Qgis-developer] Symbol pattern scaling issues: raster versus vector pdf

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:59:59 EDT 2010

Hi Marco,

I assume you saw the bug I filed the other day on this:
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2598

I wanted to follow up with you because exporting to vectorized pdf seems to be a possible workaround for the strange polygon fill/shading bug that occasionally crops up for me (recall our communication and the screenshots from the hackfest). For projects that have the fill problem, exporting to pdf as a vectorized pdf file avoids the fill problem. Unfortunately, the issue with symbol fill pattern differences arises, as described in the bug report.

I'm hoping there is a simple solution to this problem. Otherwise, I am at a loss for creating printable, high-quality maps in qgis for many of my projects.

Regards,
John