[Qgis-developer] Announcing Merge shapes

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 14:41:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,

here is a new small python plugin Merge shapes. The plugin will be
usefull for those who need to merge multiple shapefiles with the same
attributes into one.

We will be glad to see this plugin as part of fTools and it is also
submited as patch to fTools (http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2605).
Unfortunately Carson is a little busy right now and as we need a plug-in,
we decided not to wait and release Merge shapes as separate plugin. We'll
be happy to retire it when its functionality is in fTools.

You can get plugin through our repo (GIS-Lab, http://gis-lab.info/programs/qgis/qgis-repo.xml). Don't forget to turn on experimental plugins in your plugin installer. Have fun.

--
Alexander Bruy