[Qgis-developer] PyQGIS cookbook

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu May 6 05:15:47 EDT 2010

Hi Barry

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Düster Horst <Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch> wrote:
>> Martin
>> Your cookbook looks very fine. We also should discuss to publish more
>> complex issues like the communiation between maptools and other tools p.e.
>> +1!
>
>  Cookbook idea is ace. Would be great if it was as easy for people to
> edit as a wiki. Or maybe keep it all in SVN/hg and publish it
> somewhere.

I think using QGIS SVN for the management of the documentation source
files will be sufficient. I'd like to import the sources soon.

>  Maybe cookbook recipes need tags, and versions, so qgis chefs can see
> what they can use with a particular qgis version?

If some functionality is not available from QGIS 1.0, there should be
an appropriate warning with minimal required version.

> And dates, and maybe
> voting.. Or have I gone too far now?
>
>  Something like the zope cookbook?
>
> http://www.zopelabs.com/

Well... it should be more a guide than a list of standalone recipes.
For that, we could set up a site similar to djangosnippets.org - its
source code has BSD license - however I'm not sure if there would be
enough content for such a site.

Martin