[Qgis-developer] problems with SDA4PP plugin

Volkan Kepoglu vkepoglu at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:37:37 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 6:25 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

>  I think the dependency on rJava is very heavy, and should be avoided if at
> all possible.

yes, you are right. I am working on it and will change and separate the
sequences of loading R packages at the start up of qgis.

while loading iplots package (one of dependencies is rJava) or loading all
of them at the start up, makes qgis to open a bit slow.

Optional R packages for tools; Kriging (automap package), Rggobi  (rggobi
package) and Linked Statistical Display (iplots package) will not be loaded
at the start up of QGIS in order to run more faster.
As Paolo mentioned, those packages have a very high load. These three tools'
packages will be loaded at the execution of the tool.

But other packages like rgdal, maptools and spatstat should be loaded at the
startup of the qgis, because these are the required ones.

I hope, tomorrow, I will finish this change and publsh.

regards,
Volkan Kepoglu.