[Qgis-developer] Help Needed in retrieving file path from the layer name

Bishwarup Banerjee bishwarup.banerjee at gmail.com
Tue May 18 10:04:01 EDT 2010

Dear All,

Is there any way to get the entire file path from the layer name?
For example:

A user selects a layer inside a combobox, which in turn accesses the map
layer registry.
Now I want to know the full path of the layer selected.
If the layer name through combobox is "xyz"
Then I want to get "c:/aa/bb/xyz.shp" or the exact location of the layer, in
the harddisk.

Any help regarding this will be highly helpful and appreciated.

With Warm Regards,
Sonai