[Qgis-developer] Reverse Changeset 13499

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed May 19 06:02:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 19. May 2010 at 20:26:11 +1200, Chris Crook wrote:
> I guess the point is that, as you rightly note, the feature count isn't very
> important, so having it wrong really doesn't matter.  On the other hand
> having a responsive interface is important.

I did?  Sorry, I didn't mean to.

What I can agree with, is that we often don't need a feature count and also
that the feature count often doesn't need to be accurate.

But I don't see any point in having a significantly wrong feature count, eg.
having the attribute table report that it found roughly all rows after a query,
although it actually shows only say five.

But I was asking if you have a where clause.  Do you?

If you don't, I wonder how the change affects you and if you do, I wonder why
you insist on getting a wrong feature count - as would expect most where
clauses to limit the number of returned rows significantly.

And mentioning the mixed geometry case, was only to rule out the possiblity
that might have a where clause without knowingly having set one.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden