[Qgis-developer] Reverse Changeset 13499

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Wed May 19 04:26:11 EDT 2010

I guess the point is that, as you rightly note, the feature count isn't very important, so having it wrong really doesn't matter.  On the other hand having a responsive interface is important.

Optimisations like only filling in the metadata when it is required are great - they add value whether you are using estimated metadata or not.

Where you do need to use the full metadata and properly interrogate the database (such as your example with mixed geometries), then the you can just turn this option off.

Cheers
Chris