[Qgis-developer] GoogleLayers

Ivan Mincik ivan.mincik at gista.sk
Tue May 25 15:21:20 EDT 2010

Hi, I did some code cleaning to this plugin in the past. Currently,
code is still based on original version and it is still not very good.
I would do rather complete rewrite.

> An error has occured while executing Python code:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\Documents and Settings\jirodrig/.qgis/python/plugins
> \GoogleLayers\GoogleLayers.py", line 151, in run
>    z = min(max(int(ceil(log(min(width / ((x2 - x1) * 256), height /
> ((y2 - y1) * 256)), 2))), 0), 19)
> ValueError: math domain error

This formula is from original code and it is not very clear for me.
Maybe we can try to break it to smaller parts to detect the problem.
In my case it is OK. (I do not have any windows computer to test.)

> Under Linux (ubuntu) things seems to work better, but if I save a
> project that includes one or more tiles, then when I try to reopen the
> project qgis crashes with the following message

> Error:
>        GDAL Error 6: No translation an empty SRS to PROJ.4 format is known.
> Segmentation fault

On my Debian Lenny and current QGIS Trunk I receive this error always
I  save the project, but without segfault and crashing. I will look at
it.

Ivan