[Qgis-developer] Re: problems with SDA4PP plugin

Volkan Kepoglu vkepoglu at gmail.com
Thu May 27 12:44:30 EDT 2010

latest revision is 0.189. please update the plugin and have fun.

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Volkan, list
>

> On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:10 +0300, Volkan Kepoglu wrote:
> > could not succeed to run sda4pp in win7, because qgis1.4.0 could not
> > import pywin
>

> it seems to work under win7 with qgis trunk/osgeo4w.

I'll try with osgeo4w.

> I'm also seeing a number of problems, they may (or not) be related to
> the ones reported by Paolo today. I just upgraded to the latest version
> of sda4pp.

the errors reported by Paolo are fixed, i think.

> *) on both linux and windows if there are no point layers in the project
> and you open a tool, when you click on the "close" button you get always
> a message like
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Users\gio/.qgis/python/plugins\SDA4PP\intensity.py", line 63,
> in runClose
>    sda4ppRoptions.closeRplot(self.R)
> AttributeError: 'IntensityTool' object has no attribute 'R'
>

> this seems to not happen with the "kriging" tool

this is fixed with rev. 189.

> *) under linux (ubuntu 10.04) the tools keeps telling
>
> "the plugin does not support unicode characters, Please..."
>
> even when there are no unicode chars, I used for instance your sample
> dataset.

I could not replicate this error.

> *) under ubuntu 9.04 all the tools return
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/gio/.qgis/python/plugins/SDA4PP/sda4pp.py", line 270, in
> doAdaptiveTool
>    d = adaptive.AdaptiveTool(self.iface)
>  File "/home/gio/.qgis/python/plugins/SDA4PP/adaptive.py", line 42, in
> __init__
>    self.setupUi(self)
>  File "/home/gio/.qgis/python/plugins/SDA4PP/ui_adaptive.py", line 37,
> in setupUi
>    self.spinBoxF.setProperty("value", 0.1)
> TypeError: argument 2 of QObject.setProperty() has an invalid type

I think it is a bug or not setting proper backward compatibility in the
pyqt. I am using the designer to form all GUIs.

I upgraded the pyqt from 4.4.3-1 to 4.7.3-1 in windows xp. This error may be
related with this upgrade.

In the pyqt 4.4.3.1, it is; self.spinBoxF.setProperty("value",
QtCore.QVariant(0.1))

where as in 4.7.3-1, it is; self.spinBoxF.setProperty("value", 0.1).

QtCore.QVariant() is added so the error should be fixed.

the similar code is also added in the ui_graphics.py, where for example  in
line 106, it is: self.dSpinBoxHeight.setProperty("value", 600.0)

by the way I tested these guis with and without adding QtCore.QVariant() in
ubuntu 9.10 (4.6-1) and 10.04(4.7.2-0ubuntu1), and all is working. so this
is only valid for ubuntu 9.04

I do not have ubuntu 9.04. last week upgraded to 9.10 and I do not want to
install it again. so do you confirm that these errors are fixed
when QtCore.QVariant() is added.

if you confirmed this solution, we should report this issue to pyqt
community, shouldn't we?

> cheers!
>

> -- Giovanni --

Volkan Osman Kepoglu