[Qgis-developer] Re: Label movement tools

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Nov 17 11:37:22 EST 2010

Hi John

There is a little blog article about the tools on www.sourcepole.com

The tools only work on data defined label position / rotation / properties. So
if you want to move labels, you need to have a field with x-values and y-values
in the layer. Additionally, the layer needs to be in edit mode.

If you don't have x-,y-fields, you could just create them. In case of NULL
values, the label will be automatically placed.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Webereistrasse 66, 8134 Adliswil, Switzerland