[Qgis-developer] upgrading to spatialite 2.4.0-RC4

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Thu Nov 25 06:55:04 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've just finished merging the latest
SpatiaLite 2.4.0-RC4 in QGIS-trunk:

a) I've updated the 'internal' spatialite
   sources: -/src/core/spatialite/*

b) the most interesting new feature now
   supported in spatialite is the so called
   "DB self-initialization": this practically
   means that each time a new DB is created
   from scratch, then the spatial metadata
   tables [GEOMETRY_COLUMNS and
   SPATIAL_REF_SYS] will be automatically
   created. And the whole EPSG dataset will
   be silently loaded into SPATIAL_REF_SYS.
   So there is no longer any need to copy
   a template DB as in previous versions,
   because now a brand new DB can be created
   simply calling the appropriate APIs

c) accordingly to this, I've modified
   -/src/app/qgsnewspatialitelayerdialog.*
   in order to support "DB self-initialization"

d) I've applied the same change on
   -/src/plugins/offline_editing/offline_editing.*
   where I found another function strictly
   corresponding to c)

e) after all this I've then removed any
   definition of: qgisSpatialiteDbTemplatePath()
   because this seems to be obsolete and no
   longer required:
   -/src/core/qgsapplication.*
   -/python/core/qgsapplication.sip

question #1: do you foresee any possible
issue deriving from the above changes ?
[I've performed some testing and anything
seem to work as expected, but any further
advice is obviously welcome]

question #2: may I commit the above changes ?
or do you think it would be better waiting
until after the 1.6.0 final release ?

bye Sandro