[Qgis-developer] Qgis 1.5 and Grass 6.4 can't open NVIZ under mac os x

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Oct 12 18:28:46 EDT 2010

Normally when GRASS is run, it sets up an environment which includes a setting* to locate library binaries within the GRASS folder structure, just in case they are expected somewhere else, like NVIZ is looking for that ffmpeg library.  When I package GRASS, I try to fix these, though that setting will catch what I miss.

Qgis should take care of this as well, but maybe it isn't.  Or should I read that literally, and you are trying to run NVIZ directly from a terminal, without running GRASS first?

Looking at NVIZ, I see that it may also have problems with TclTk later - either not finding the bundled copy, or finding the system one, which is older and may cause trouble...

* On *nix systems it's LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but on OS X it's DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.