[Qgis-developer] Interlis support of OGR inside QGIS (make it default? modify make files? Windows but not only...)

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 06:14:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to import/export INTERLIS geodata inside QGIS under Windows
(XP Professional) - but had no luck so far.

There are two QGIS plugins around, "OGR Converter" (C++) and
"Interlis" (Python) which obviously call OGR/GDAL libraries.
"OGR Converter" doesn't list Interlis format and "Interlis" plugin
reports "The GDAL/OGR library you are using has beend compiled without
Interlis support".
I'm talking about INTERLIS format version 1 and 2 (read/write).

I fear that the default make files for GDAL/OGR do not include
INTERLIS libraries.
I know also that there is a problem - at least under Windows and MacOS
- of ogr/gdal accessing java jar packages (ili2.jar) unless they are
copied in the default library search path - or even in every directory
where programs and data reside.

1.Can anybody involved in delivering the (Windows) binaries and in
committing to the "OGR Converter" and "Interlis" plugins have a look
at this problem?

=> To me an optimal solution would be, that Interlis support is
included by default in all QGIS deliveries.

2. Is there any workaround? Eventually I can replace the GDAL/OGR .dll
(.so) myself?

Yours, S.