[Qgis-developer] Qgis 1.5, python 2.6 and modules error with 32 or 64 bit architecture

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Oct 18 09:31:15 EDT 2010

On Oct 18, 2010, at 3:27 AM, Luca Mandolesi wrote:

> Hi,
> under mac os x I cannot use somes plugins with qgis 1.5 because I receive this error:

> ImportError: /Applications/QGIS_1.5/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/pygraphviz/_graphviz.so: no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-bit mode)
> ImportError: /Applications/QGIS_1.5/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/matplotlib/_path.so: no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-bit mode)
>
> I'm under mac os x snow leopard with python 2.6.
>
> How can I solve this problem?

How did you install pygraphviz and matplotlib?  Source? binary?  from binary, I'm guessing that only 32bit builds are available.

You could force all of Qgis to run 32bit: Get Info on the application and check the box "Open in 32bit mode".

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin