[Qgis-developer] Qgis 1.5, python 2.6 and modules error with 32 or 64 bit architecture

Luca Mandolesi mandoluca at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:02:02 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com>wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2010, at 3:27 AM, Luca Mandolesi wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > under mac os x I cannot use somes plugins with qgis 1.5 because I receive
> this error:

> > ImportError:
> /Applications/QGIS_1.5/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/pygraphviz/_graphviz.so:
> no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-bit
> mode)
> > ImportError:
> /Applications/QGIS_1.5/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/matplotlib/_path.so:
> no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man python" for running in 32-bit
> mode)
> >
> > I'm under mac os x snow leopard with python 2.6.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem?
>
> How did you install pygraphviz and matplotlib?  Source? binary?  from
> binary, I'm guessing that only 32bit builds are available.

Hi William, and thanks.
I've installed pygraphviz from source (I found also Qgis don't allow
pygraphviz to find graphviz, and I must to add a simple hack to make to work
inside qgis) and matplotlib from easy_install.

> You could force all of Qgis to run 32bit: Get Info on the application and
> check the box "Open in 32bit mode".

I don't understand where find Open in 32bit mode.

Under /Applications/Qgis/ Show Contents -> I found Info.plist
I opened it and I add a string:

Executable architectures
and add Intel-64 bit

but nothing change.

I think I need to allow Qgis to allow the 64bit python modules....