[Qgis-developer] Interlis support of OGR inside QGIS (make it default? modify make files? Windows but not only...)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 18 11:44:18 EDT 2010

Hi Stefan,

I use the plugin on Windows (OSGeo4W) and Linux.

Are you using the OSGeo4W installer or the Windows standalone installer? I
have only experience with the OSGeo4W installer, which I believe comes
with Interlis support out of the box. At least it works on several of our
windows machines. It may be that you manually have to copy the ili2c.jar
fileinto a path reachable by osgeo. You can copy ili2c.jar to
\OSGeo4Wroot\bin (on my machines it is C:\Programme\OSGeo4W\bin). Since
ili2c.jar is based on Java, you also need Java.

Also, with OSGeo4W you have to use at least QGIS 1.5 or trunk (qgis-dev).

I have no experience with the Windows standalone installation. It may be
that the OGR included with that version does not support Interlis.

Hope this helps. The goal should be have Interlis support enabled by
default - I agree.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann