[Qgis-developer] Interlis support of OGR inside QGIS (make it default? modify make files? Windows but not only...)

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:25:46 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use OGR in whatever plugin under QGIS and Windows XP.

The error reported in a QGIS window is "The GDAL/OGR library you are
using has been compiled without Interlis support".

I think you (and Horst too) are using Linux, so it seems to me I'm the
first user of the Interlis plugin :->?

The plugin "Interlis" (Python) mentioned before is the one from Marco
(via http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/python_plugins/python_plugins.xml)
=> Or do you mean another one?

Looking inside <settings>\.qgis\python\plugins\interlis\interlisplugin.py
there is an obious test:
Interlis support".
>    def run(self):
>        fileFilters = QgsProviderRegistry.instance().fileVectorFilters()
>        if not fileFilters.contains("Interlis",  Qt.CaseInsensitive):
>            QMessageBox.critical(None, QCoreApplication.translate("InterlisPlugin","No Interlis support available"),
>                                             QCoreApplication.translate("InterlisPlugin","The GDAL/OGR library you are using has been compiled
>                                                                                      without Interlis support"))

Replacing C:\Programs\OSGeo4W\bin\ogr2ogr.exe did'nt help neither
which is weird, because calling the same ogr2ogr.exe out of a Windows
shell reports
     -f "Interlis 1"
     -f "Interlis 2"
as possible values.