[Qgis-developer] Release plans for QGIS 1.6

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Oct 18 13:25:06 EDT 2010

Hi

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> On Sat, 16. Oct 2010 at 14:30:21 -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> We don't have legal resources "on call" and it could get quite expensive to
>> retain legal support so we very much lean towards avoiding legal conflict.
>
> Did anyone ever have contact with the SFLC[1]?  They even have a IRC channel
> #sflc on freenode.

I'm not sure what contact if any was made with them, though I think
the folks dealing with the issue were aware of them.

The concensus was to pick our battles and take a stand when the
cost-benefit makes it worthwhile.

Regards

Tim

> Jürgen
>
> [1] http://www.softwarefreedom.org/
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden               http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net