[Qgis-developer] The new QGIS plugin repo

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 21 04:20:01 EDT 2010

Il 21/10/2010 10:08, Pirmin Kalberer ha scritto:

> My proposal would be to start with a github account as a central SCM for
> QGIS plugins. Similar to http://github.com/grails-plugins
> (http://grails.org/plugin/home) e.g. Write access can then still be granted
> per-plugin.
> Having Redmine would give the advantage of having sub-projects. Organizing
> plugins as sub-projects means, that each plugin has their own trac-like site
> but tickets are also collected on master-project level (e.g. qgis-plugins).

Redmine looks wonderful, thanks for the review.
One thing that worries me is: changing from the current structure for bug reports,
committing etc. to a new one could discourage develpers and users alike (remember,
most people are lazy).
Other issue: what should be installed on OSGeo servers? I think we have some
limitations there.
What other devs think about this?
All the best.