[Qgis-developer] qgis-mapserver docs

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Sep 1 03:25:00 EDT 2010

Hi Paolo

> Any plans to incorporate an updated documentation into the main QGIS
> manual?

Yes, it would be very helpful to integrate the updated docs into the manual.
Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't have time to work on the docs, so any
help in this respect would be greatly appreciated.

> BTW: any plans to extend it to WFS as well, so we could replace the good
> old (UMN) Mapserver?

Not from my side. But it would be possible e.g. by creating a class
QgsWFSServer (similarly to the QgsWMSServer class that is used for the WMS
requests).
Btw., TinyOWS is also quite good as a light-weight WFS server with support for
WFS-T.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Webereistrasse 66, 8134 Adliswil, Switzerland