[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] FILE .dwg and .cad

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Sep 4 02:59:41 EDT 2010

Il 04/09/2010 04:36, Noli Sicad ha scritto:
> Beter news, there is even GRASS plugin / addon using LibreDWG
>
> It imports dwg files as vector data. The plugin is in
> grass-addons/vector/v.in.redwg
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libredwg/2010-08/msg00007.html
>
> I wonder if you can get this plugin and put it in the grass plugins for QGIS.
>
> How does the QGIS Grass plugin works with GRASS plugin / addon?

Quite interesting, but I do not think it is suitable for production.
So it may not be appropriate to add it to trunk.
I think it would be better to use libredwg directly, rather than passing through
GRASS. The GRASS addon itself seems fairly simple, so it should not be too difficult
to rewrite it for QGIS.
All the best.