[Qgis-developer] problems with xp/osgeo4w

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:27:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

today I was testing osgeo4w on a windows 64 bit systems (see posts on
the users ml), but at some point I understand that something was wrong
also under 32 bit system.

I made a clean install of windows Seven 32 bit and no problems, but
under a clean installation of Windows XP 32 bit QGIS fails to start with
the following message:

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002)

qgis-dev fails to run with the same message as does the standalone
version (QGIS-OSGeo4W-1.5.0-14109-Setup.exe)

cheers

-- Giovanni --