[Qgis-developer] problems with xp/osgeo4w

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 03:13:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

> Does installing the vcredist bundle help at all?

doesn't help. I'm not a windows user, but I remembered posts about this
and was the first thing I have done.

> Also check if there are no stray dlls e.g. proj.dll. in your system
> dir that may be causing problems.

This installation was made on a *fresh* windows Xp sp3 installation, no
other programs installed at all. The only proj.dll I see is in c:
\osgeo4w\bin

> Depends.exe is a handy tool to use for tracing the problem.

I need really more info on how to use it.

cheers

-- Giovanni --