[Qgis-developer] Fwd: [OSGeo Africa] Feedback from FOSS4G Barcelona

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Wed Sep 15 15:01:25 EDT 2010

Hi  Paolo & devs,

We have organized a QGIS user & developer meeting in the breakout session
slot. There attendance was good, despite the rare information from the
organisator.
Marco made a short presentation with an overview of the new functionality in
QGIS 1.5 and information what's going on in current development.
He talked about the table join improvements, the threading branch (GSOC
project) and the QGIS WMS server.
We presented some plugins which came with QGIS 1.5 and I demonstrated my Globe
plugin (http://pifx.blip.tv/file/4076305/). It is an early stage, but I plan to
work on it at the hackfest in Wroclaw.
A survey about whishes for coming versions gave the following result:
-All PostGIS errors available for plugins
-Raster reprojection
-Show WMS style name in WMS layer legend
-Show WMS legend (GetLegendGraphic) in layer legend
-Show Raster style in layer legend
-SLD import/export (QML<->SLD?)
-C++ implementation of fTools plugins
-Put student project ideas in Wiki

After that we had to hurry up for the Gala dinner...

Regards
Pirmin

Am Mittwoch, 15. September 2010, um 19.50:06 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
> Hi all.
> Can someone tell us more about this?
> Thanks a lot.

Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com