[Qgis-developer] cmake error on OS X 10.6

Matthew Denno mgdenno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:52:46 EDT 2010

Hello Devs,

I am trying to build QGIS on OS X 10.6.  I have not exactly followed the
instructions from the Installation
Guide<http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Installation_Guide#Building_on_Mac_OSX_using_frameworks_and_cmake_or_Xcode>because
I had lots of trouble getting PyQt built/installed.  Anyway, I ended
up installing the dependencies using KyngChaos frameworks where available
and MacPorts for the rest.  I am new to Mac (was using Ubuntu before, not
loving Mac right now), so I am hoping I can sort this out and get it to
build.  I am now getting an error running cmake, it says:

FindGSL.cmake: gsl-config not found. Please set it manually.
GSL_CONFIG=GSL_CONFIG-NOTFOUND

How would I go about doing this?  GSL was installed from the KyngChaos
frameworks, so I was surprised to see this error; I was expecting others
since I didn't exactly follow the instructions.  GSL installed in the
Library/Frameworks.

Thanks in advance,

Matt