[Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 16 10:57:48 EDT 2010

Interesting.  You don't have problems with GSL or PROJ frameworks?  Maybe you have an old /usr/local GSL from before my framework?

I suppose I should give it a whirl to make sure it's all working...

On Sep 16, 2010, at 9:50 AM, John C. Tull wrote:

> I use cmake regularly, and William's frameworks otherwise. I have an alias in my bash profile setup with the following command:
>
> cmake -D BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL=on -D QWT_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/include -D QWT_LIBRARY=/usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/lib/libqwt.5.dylib -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Applications -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -D SIP_BINARY_PATH=/usr/local/bin/sip -D CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64 -D GRASS_PREFIX=/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS -D GRASS_INCLUDE_DIR=/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/include ..
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> John
>
> On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:21 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> I confess that since setting up the Xcode project, I use it exclusively and haven't tried a cmake build in a while, though others have with success.
>>
>> The Qgis cmake configure should automatically find known frameworks.  GDAL and GEOS are known, but GSL is fairly recent as a framework and the cmake stuff wasn't updated.
>>
>> Odd, I see that the cmake test for PROJ doesn't check for a framework.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy