[Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Thu Sep 16 11:02:59 EDT 2010

As far as I can tell, I do not have any remnant gsl laying around. I upgraded my hardware in the past 6 months and started afresh with additional unix libs, binaries, etc. I did not install any gsl other than your framework to my knowledge.

I believe some updates occurred in the past 6-10 months with egis where your frameworks are automagically picked up by cmake. Here is my commandline output from running the cmake command I posted:

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - no
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether C compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - no
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/ccache
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/local/bin/ccache -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - no
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag
-- Checking whether CXX compiler supports OSX deployment target flag - no
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/ccache
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/local/bin/ccache -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Quantum GIS version: 1.6.0 Trunk (10600)
-- Found GRASS: /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS (6.4.0)
-- Found Iconv: /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib
-- Looking for openpty
-- Looking for openpty - found
-- Found Proj: /Library/Frameworks/proj.framework
-- Found Expat: /usr/lib/libexpat.dylib
-- Using GSL from /Library/Frameworks/GSL.framework/Versions/1/unix
-- Found GEOS: /Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework/Versions/3/unix/lib/libgeos_c.dylib
-- Found GDAL: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework/Versions/1.7/unix/lib/libgdal.dylib
-- Found PostgreSQL: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.dylib
-- Found QWT: /usr/local/qwt-5.2.1-svn/lib/libqwt.5.dylib
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - found
-- Looking for QT_MAC_USE_COCOA
-- Looking for QT_MAC_USE_COCOA - found
-- Found Qt-Version 4.7.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found PythonInterp: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6
-- Found Python executable: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6
-- Found Python version: 2.6.1
-- Found Python library: -framework Python
-- Found SIP version: 4.10.5
-- Found PyQt4 version: 4.7.4
-- Found FCGI: /usr/lib/libfcgi.dylib
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/jctull/sources/qgis/trunk/build

You can see that gsl, proj and others were discovered just fine.

Cheers,
John