[Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Sep 17 12:15:14 EDT 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Matthew Denno wrote:

> Last night I downloaded the 64bit Qt library-only package (The SDK didn't say if it was 32 or 64 bit).  I went through the Installation Guide again and this time was able to get past the SIP/PyQt installs following the guide.  The only thing I had to do that wasn't in the guide was add the non-framework path to PYTHONPATH in my .bash-profile.
>
> PYTHONPATH='/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages'
> export PYTHONPATH

Even that should not be necessary.  That path is wired into the system python.  If you installed and use the python.org python, it's not set there, but then you should compile python extensions into it's site-packages.

> When it came to actually building QGIS I successfully ran cmake.  However I am still receiving the same/similar error as before:
>
> Linking CXX shared library libqgis_analysis.dylib
> [ 63%] Built target qgis_analysis
> [ 64%] Generating analysis/sipanalysispart0.cpp, analysis/sipanalysispart1.cpp, analysis/sipanalysispart2.cpp, analysis/sipanalysispart3.cpp
>
> sip: /Users/matt/Development/qgis/python/core/conversions.sip:269: Mapped type has already been defined in another module
> make[2]: *** [python/analysis/sipanalysispart0.cpp] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/python_module_qgis_analysis.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I suspect that this may be due to the fact that it took me multiple tries to get SIP/PyQt installed correctly.  Any idea what this message means?  I am thinking that maybe I have SIP installed in multiple locations from failed past attempts.  Do you think that would cause this error?

I don't know at this point, though it does sound familiar.

If you did a basic SIP/PyQt build at one time, without the flags to set explicit install locations, you may have some leftovers in the system python, which you can delete.  Look in /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6:

bin: pylupdate4, pyrcc4, pyuic4, sip

include: sip.h

share: sip folder

lib/python2.6/site-packages: sip and pyqt files

And possibly /usr/bin, /usr/include and /usr/share for the same.

> I need to build from source because I am working on a plugin that is written in C++.  This is a project that I had to set down a few months ago.  In the mean time I have switched platforms and am now trying to pick this project back up.  I use the QtCreator IDE for coding and CMake to build.  This setup has worked well for me in the past and allows for easy gui development and debugging all in QtCreator.

understood.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying, fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan