[Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6

Matthew Denno mgdenno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:44:27 EDT 2010

Last night I downloaded the 64bit Qt library-only package (The SDK didn't
say if it was 32 or 64 bit).  I went through the Installation Guide again
and this time was able to get past the SIP/PyQt installs following the
guide.  The only thing I had to do that wasn't in the guide was add the
non-framework path to PYTHONPATH in my .bash-profile.

PYTHONPATH='/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages'
export PYTHONPATH

When it came to actually building QGIS I successfully ran cmake.  However I
am still receiving the same/similar error as before:

Linking CXX shared library libqgis_analysis.dylib
[ 63%] Built target qgis_analysis
[ 64%] Generating analysis/sipanalysispart0.cpp,
analysis/sipanalysispart1.cpp, analysis/sipanalysispart2.cpp,
analysis/sipanalysispart3.cpp

sip: /Users/matt/Development/qgis/python/core/conversions.sip:269: Mapped
type has already been defined in another module
make[2]: *** [python/analysis/sipanalysispart0.cpp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/python_module_qgis_analysis.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I suspect that this may be due to the fact that it took me multiple tries to
get SIP/PyQt installed correctly.  Any idea what this message means?  I am
thinking that maybe I have SIP installed in multiple locations from failed
past attempts.  Do you think that would cause this error?

I need to build from source because I am working on a plugin that is written
in C++.  This is a project that I had to set down a few months ago.  In the
mean time I have switched platforms and am now trying to pick this project
back up.  I use the QtCreator IDE for coding and CMake to build.  This setup
has worked well for me in the past and allows for easy gui development and
debugging all in QtCreator.