[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] export in KML

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Tue Sep 21 17:27:40 EDT 2010

Hello Paolo!

I recently discovered that as well. If you take a look at your exported kml
file, you'll notice, that pratically all data is embraced by <ExtendedData>-
tags. I wrote to the GDAL ML (http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2010-
August/025800.html), but the results are a bit unclear:

Whilst one argued, KML would not map well to OGR, one suggested it might be
the driver. We planned to compile GDAL with libkml to see if it would change
the situation. That sadly didn't come into existence in Fedora, because our
libkml was outdated and there was also a license issue. GDAL's packager was
busy as well -- so no results from our side yet.

Bottomline: The KML file is most likely OK, but you won't see the tabular data
in QGIS.

Volker