[Qgis-developer] lock layers for map items

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Sep 26 15:40:07 EDT 2010

  Hi,

For me, keeping the layer visilibity was the main reason we wanted the
feature back then. We did not want a real freeze, which means we wanted
the behavior that changes to geometry and symbology would be reflected
in the map layouts.

I can see that for other purposes you would want a complete freeze - but
in that case wouldn't it be more useful to just export the map to a file
and add it to the layout?

In any way, the current behavior of the layer lock should be kept I
think. If other types of freezing are introduced they shouldn't
overwrite the current behavior, but add a new type of freezing/locking
in parallel.

Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Andreas