[Qgis-developer] lock layers for map items

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Sep 27 02:35:15 EDT 2010

> Thanks Marco for clarifying. So layers can be fixed, colors not.
> I think sooner or later it will be good to have both options.
> I'm going to open a ticket, if you don't mind.
> All the best.

freezing/fixing colors is probably harder to do then just remembering
layer states. Layer states are only off/on.

For remembering colors you have to keep track of symbology changes and
keep a history of past states. Potentially any symbolization option (label
options, categorization, etc.) can be adapted later on. If those have to
be remembered for certain layouts it basically means that you have to
introduce a version control system of past symbolization states in a .qgs
project. The layout could then point to the corresponding symbology
version. Not impossible, but probably a lot of work.

On the other hand one could probably also introduce an undo/redo system
for symbology changes, just like we have for editing.

But I would expect such work to be rather complex.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/