[Qgis-developer] qt contributor summit in Berlin

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Apr 19 06:04:58 EDT 2011

 Hi,

 I came across an info that there will be a qt contributors summit in
 Berlin, from June 16-18:
 http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/03/16/save-the-date-–-qt-contributors-summit/

 It is about opening up qt and coordinating potential contributors. The
 event is "invitation only", but one can request invitation if one has a
 reason to participate.

 I am wondering if QGIS should send a representative in order to speed
 up some open issues/bugs we have with the qt library (e.g. all the SVG
 issues we have, the PDF printing issues, other rendering/clipping
 issues, etc. etc.).

 What do the QGIS devs think? Would it be worth the effort to get in
 better touch with the qt community? Do we have something we can
 contribute to or benefit from such a summit?

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A