[Qgis-developer] ecw and linux nightly builds

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Apr 20 11:17:07 EDT 2011

Ah. I appear not to have been clear in my intent. Sorry.

I was using ubuntugis-unstable (which is 1.6) and had ecw support there.
 (Giovanni, yes that method worked perfectly for 1.6)

I then moved to the nightly builds (by changing sources, and letting apt sort things out) so I could find out more about 1.7, and have been in blissful ignorance of the whole ecw problem (at least on this computer) for a couple of months. I'm now quite used to 1.7 (particularly the OTF rasters :), and would rather not have to go back to 1.6.

So the crux of the question should have been, "Is there a (relatively) easy way to look at ecw rasters using the nightly build?"

I have also been looking at Jürgen's answer, and if I understand I should remove the remaining GDAL bits from the 1.6 install and bring in GDAL from source (which should be what the nightly build is expecting), and hook ecw up to that. Then it should work. I'm probably misunderstanding - is that right?

-ramon.