[Qgis-developer] ecw and linux nightly builds

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Apr 20 11:41:48 EDT 2011

Hi Ramon,

On Wed, 20. Apr 2011 at 23:17:07 +0800, Ramon Andinach wrote:
> I have also been looking at Jürgen's answer, and if I understand I should
> remove the remaining GDAL bits from the 1.6 install and bring in GDAL from
> source (which should be what the nightly build is expecting), and hook ecw up
> to that. Then it should work. I'm probably misunderstanding - is that right?

Not from source.  The nightly builds use the GDAL version from the "original"
distribution.

My main point of the nighly builds is to test if trunk is building against the
various library versions - having usable trunk builds is just a side effect ;)

So if you need ECW support, you need to add it to that version.  The version
from ubuntugis is probably a different one and therefore not used by nightly
build.  And in turn having ECW support for that one, doesn't help.

You need to build the GDAL ECW plugin for the "original" GDAL version.  The
tuturial can help with that.  And once you added it, QGIS (including coming
nighly builds) will be able to use ECW.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden