[Qgis-developer] problem with QGIS 1.7 "--snapshot"?

Jim Hammack hammack at GotSlack.org
Tue Aug 2 11:13:53 EDT 2011

I have a simple project which includes a BlueMarble geotiff background,
a shapefile of U.S. state boundaries, and several shapefiles of
projected tropical storm tracks.  When I save an image of the map
interactively using the "Save as Image" menu item, the resulting png
file accurately reflects what is on the screen.  However, when I save an
image from the command line using  "$ qgis tropical.qgs --snapshot
snapshot.png" the BlueMarble image is shifted.  You can see the images
here (I converted the png files to jpeg to save space/bandwidth):

http://gotslack.org/hammack/qgis

I am running QGIS 1.7 built from scratch on a Slackware 13.1 system.
All of the files are in epsg:4326.  I have the same problem if I use a
TrueMarble geotiff in place of the BlueMarble so it seems like a problem
with "snapshot" rather than with the data.  I used the same method last
hurricane season with QGIS 1.6 and had no problems.

Any ideas?

                                                     Thanks,
                                                         Jim