[Qgis-developer] slow raster loading

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:57:48 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

> This may be fixed via a patch given to me by Etienne Sky - please let
> me know if it still does it.

just tested your last commit and I still see

Warning: Object::connect: No such signal
QgsGdalProvider::statusChanged( QString )
in /home/gio/qgis-Quantum-GIS-4b4820e/src/core/raster/qgsrasterlayer.cpp:2446

> Yes thats why I was asking if the file permissions exist to write the
> aux.xml. If they don't behaviour should be the same as prior to my
> native raster stats commits i.e. stats will be recalced each time you
> open a project / add a layer and trigger something that needs the
> stats.

I copied a geotiff in a folder with no write permissions and it took a
lot of time to open the raster, much more than it used to take when
opening the same image the first time in a folder with write
permissions.

Then I compiled QGIS with your last commit and now it seems it is not
collecting stats/creating the aux.xml file anymore.

cheers

-- Giovanni --