[Qgis-developer] slow raster loading

Etienne Tourigny etiennesky at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 10:23:13 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I had noticed the slow loading you refer to, when I got a copy of the master branch last week,  but it seems to be fixed now.

If you opened a raster from the command-line (i.e. qgis file.tif), the raster stats were fetched (and stored in the .aux.xml file) automatically, hence the delay.

Now the proper behaviour is happening, i.e. the stats are only calculated upon demand (such as when opening the histogram tab).

The "Object::connect: No such signal" problem is unrelated, and I have been seeing it ever since using 1.7.  This should definitely get fixed...