[Qgis-developer] profile plugins

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Aug 12 06:36:43 EDT 2011

Hi Paolo

> I've also noticed the recent Export profile plugin: does it take only 2
> points, as per the notice, or there are more, as it appears from the
> exported file? Also, I have inspected the xml result, and tags are in
> German. Finally, how best use the xml to display elevation?
> Thanks.

If you mean the profile plugin in the sourcepole repo: it does not do
visualisation, only xml export. The xml format is the one of a cablecar
planning software, that's why the tags are in german.
However, it could be extended to write to other formats as well.

As input, the plugin needs a selected line (normally a two-point profile line).
The number of points in the ouput file is determined by the given sampling
distance and elevation tolerance.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland