[Qgis-developer] GSoC Weekly report #12: DB Manager plugin for QGis + Import layer

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 06:50:09 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli <brush.tyler at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > This week I've completed the import layer for the postgres provider.
>
> Good to hear it is working. I will try to test that soon.

thanks, I'm waiting your test result.

Please implement the support also for OGR provider - that should boil
> down to just a few lines of code when using QgsVectorFileWriter. In
> QGIS 2.0 we could move the code of this class to OGR provider and then
> remove that class.

Of course, after SL provider the next one is OGR. I think I'll complete both

tasks in the next few days.
The GSoC coding period is going to end this week and I want complete
that feature before the pencil down date.

One more thing to consider for the importLayer
> functionality: providers may need some provider-specific options -
> e.g. in OGR this would be the name of the driver. That could be passed
> in another optional key-value parameter (QMap<QString,QString> ?)

QgsVectorFileWriter also takes other parameters i.e. creationOptions and
layerOptions, both QStringList.

Probably a QMap<QString, QStringList> could be a better choise to handle
with all them.
Do you agree with me?

Regards.

--