[Qgis-developer] GSoC Weekly report #12: DB Manager plugin for QGis + Import layer

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 07:11:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli
<brush.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please implement the support also for OGR provider - that should boil
>> down to just a few lines of code when using QgsVectorFileWriter. In
>> QGIS 2.0 we could move the code of this class to OGR provider and then
>> remove that class.
>
> Of course, after SL provider the next one is OGR. I think I'll complete both
> tasks in the next few days.
> The GSoC coding period is going to end this week and I want complete
> that feature before the pencil down date.

Good. I hope you will also manage to make use of this new
functionality in database manager, otherwise it would be visible only
to developers...

>> One more thing to consider for the importLayer
>> functionality: providers may need some provider-specific options -
>> e.g. in OGR this would be the name of the driver. That could be passed
>> in another optional key-value parameter (QMap<QString,QString> ?)
>
> QgsVectorFileWriter also takes other parameters i.e. creationOptions and
> layerOptions, both QStringList.
>
> Probably a QMap<QString, QStringList> could be a better choise to handle
> with all them.
> Do you agree with me?

Then QMap<QString, QVariant> maybe makes even more sense since
QVariant can accommodate anything including lists.

Martin