[Qgis-developer] GSoC Weekly report #12: DB Manager plugin for QGis + Import layer

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:27:27 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli
> <brush.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Please implement the support also for OGR provider - that should boil
> >> down to just a few lines of code when using QgsVectorFileWriter. In
> >> QGIS 2.0 we could move the code of this class to OGR provider and then
> >> remove that class.
> >
> > Of course, after SL provider the next one is OGR. I think I'll complete
> both
> > tasks in the next few days.

I've completed right now the import feature for the SL provider, see [1].

 > The GSoC coding period is going to end this week and I want complete
> > that feature before the pencil down date.
>
> Good. I hope you will also manage to make use of this new
> functionality in database manager, otherwise it would be visible only
> to developers...

I hope the same too, but I'll work on it only after the import layer feature

is also available for the OGR provider.

 QMap<QString, QVariant> maybe makes even more sense since
> QVariant can accommodate anything including lists.

I added an optional param QMap<QString, QVariant> named options,
unused in PG and SL.

Tests and comments are very welcome!

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/brushtyler/Quantum-GIS/tree/import_layer