[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server under Windows

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Fri Aug 19 07:43:39 EDT 2011

Hi All, especially Jürgen :)

Jürgen, could you please review the present state in OsGeo4W and tell whether
it is possible to make it working out of the box? What is missing? Maybe just
a patch for Apache package? How many people and how much money do you need? :)
I don't have any yet, but it would be a good starting point. Could you look at
it?

More and more users ask me about running the Server under Windows. Recently
we gained the howto [1], however I don't know any case where it worked (except
the case itself of course) :((

I believe we should be interested in helping small offices/organizations with a
Windows server only to introduce the Server and build a QGIS system.
Othwerwise, we should remove the Server from Windows builds and clearly state
it's designed for Unix family only. The present situation makes an
unproffesional impression, that we release something, that maybe works, maybe
not...

[1] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial#Windows Server