[Qgis-developer] analytical workflow

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:45:08 EDT 2011

> I agree with martin - such a Modeler could be a great improvement but
> I assumed it would be somethink like the WxGUI_Modeler ..

Yes, I also imagine something similar.
But, I prefer more ordered layouts, where you have all outputs in a
column on the left side, and all inputs in a column on the right side.
In between all connections displayed as lines of different color
depending on parameter type and such.

A bit like qjackctl's patchbay:
http://ubuntu.allmyapps.com/data/q/j/qjackctl-jack-control/UBUNTU-9.04/qjackctlPatchbayForm1.png

It looks tidier and would also be a bit easier to implement than
free-floating boxes.

On the logic side:
For input and output the most flexible would be to use python scripts.
Of course, it is harder than e.g. XML, and there would be limits to
what python code it would understand on input. But still, I think it
is the best option.

The user would then have the option of saving these "workflow presets"
and using them like any regular module.

Camilo