[Qgis-developer] Re: Release plans for 1.7.1

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 24 12:01:36 EDT 2011

 Hi Andrea,

 strange - I work behind a proxy at our local government and never had a
 proxy problem for the past 1.5 years or so. Definitely QGIS 1.6, 1.7 and
 current trunk are fine regarding the proxy.

 Note that you have to specify the proxy in the QGIS global options -->
 Network tab, usually as HttpProxy. QGIS doesn't read the system proxy.

 Could you more specifically explain what proxy problems you have? Or
 maybe there is a specific problem of your own proxy implementation? Is
 it more pedantic than other proxies?

 Andreas

 On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:48:21 +0200, aperi2007 wrote:
>>It would be nice to release 1.7.1 version with only bugfixes and no
>> new
>>features.
>>
>>I discovered that with QGIS 1.6-1.7 WMS connection never uses proxy
>>user/password authentication, this is a big problem in corporate
>>environments. I filed the bug #3844. The bug appeared after the
>>rewrite of
>>QGIS connection management (see this: #3912 it was fixed, but now it
>> is
>>broken again).
>
> +1
>
> We discovered that also the plugin repository never uses proxy
> user/password.
> Perhaps will use the same classes ?
> It work only with proxy anonymous (without user/pwd).
> So to update the plugins we need to put the repositories in the
> white-list
> (very very bad practice for network administrators).
>
> Andrea.

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)